Social Science Open House
The Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences hosted an open house for Caltech undergraduates during the 2017 spring term, featuring Bing Professor of Neuroscience, Behavioral Biology, and Economics Antonio Rangel. The open house offered students an overview of four areas of concentration (options/majors) in social sciences at Caltech: Business, Economics, and Management; Economics; Political Science; and Psychology/Neuroscience. Professor Rangel explained the recommended course sequences and timing for "concentrators" and majors. He also talked about his colleagues' research and where undergraduate research opportunities may exist.
Watch the video of the open house and download the materials distributed there to learn more.
The following materials were distributed at the open house:
Explore the links below to learn more about the social sciences at Caltech:
- HSS Current Course Schedule (with links to syllabi)
- Social Sciences Options Overview
- Social Sciences Course Descriptions (2017-2018) (from the Caltech catalog)
- HSS Year in Review - 2016
- The Ronald and Maxine Linde Institute of Economic and Management Sciences
- The Tianqiao and Chrissy Chen Institute for Neuroscience at Caltech
- Social Science Experimental Laboratory
For questions about the open house, please email Mary Martin.