Social Science Open House
The Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences hosted an open house for Caltech undergraduates on Friday, February 9, 2018, from noon to 1 p.m. in Baxter Lecture Hall, featuring Bing Professor of Neuroscience, Behavioral Biology, and Economics Antonio Rangel. The open house offered students an overview of the four areas of concentration (options/majors) in social sciences at Caltech: Business, Economics, and Management; Economics; Political Science; and Psychology/Neuroscience. Professor Rangel explained the recommended course sequences and timing for "concentrators" and majors. He also talked about where undergraduate research opportunities may exist in the social sciences. Option representatives were available to answer questions.
Here are the materials that were distributed at the 2018 social sciences open house:
Here is a video of the 2017 open house (note: check the latest option requirements in the 2017-2018 Caltech catalog).
Explore the links below to learn more about the social sciences at Caltech:
- HSS Current Course Schedule (with links to syllabi)
- Social Sciences Options Overview
- Social Sciences Course Descriptions (2017-2018) (from the Caltech catalog)
- HSS Year in Review - 2017
- The Ronald and Maxine Linde Institute of Economic and Management Sciences
- The Tianqiao and Chrissy Chen Institute for Neuroscience at Caltech
- Social Science Experimental Laboratory
For questions about the open house, please email Mary Martin.